What is Ozzy Osbourne like in person? Is Lance Armstrong arrogant? What about Michael Jordan, Regis Philbin or George W. Bush?
PilmerPR is helping launch iFollo.com, a new social media community to offer a broader view of what celebrities are really like beyond the screen, camera, and field.
There are more than 100 million celebrity fan Web sites out there, but the majority are created and written by professional editorial staff. Tabloid magazines often cover the same the sensational gossip and incriminating photos as their counterparts. iFollo is unlike anything else available. The Web site bases all of its content on real experiences from real people.
iFollo allows people to do the following:
- Post stories about their celebrity encounters
- Read content generated from the stories of real people and their experiences with celebrities
- Rate celebrities based on looks, smarts, arrogance and more
- Upload photos and video in addition to their celebrity story
- Personalize iFollo by choosing what celebrities they want to follow
The site just launched this morning, and already has dozens of stories. It is also creating buzz across the Internet.Share