For the next several weeks, PilmerPR will be posting clips from our recent webinar, “PR 101: The Basics.” These clips will not include everything that was discussed, but will provide you with essential information on a variety of public relations topics.
PR 101 will be divided into ten parts:
- Social Media —Money Maker or Energy Leak
- Press Release – Not Just for Reporters
- Online Media Revolution—Print Media R.I.P.
- Measurement—Turning PR into Money
- Watering Holes—Finding Prospects in 2010
- Avoiding Potholes—Common Errors of Entrepreneurs
- CSR is for winners – The Payoff
- And in this Corner—PR vs. Advertising for Start-ups
- What’s News?–Making News Newsworthy
- No Greenwashing Allowed
The first part, Social Media, is increasingly critical for businesses to understand. PilmerPR devotes a lot of its energy staying ahead of social media for clients, and has learned what is ultimately valuable… and what is just an energy leak.
This video will discuss the growing popularity of social media; the top social media sites of the day and how businesses should use each; the percentage of reporters who use these sites for primary research; why your blog should be the foundation of your social media strategy; and more.