When I think of the biggest turkeys in my life, I think of people that took advantage of me. People who say one thing and do another. I just signed up a new public relations client that thoroughly researched my background after our first meeting to make sure I wasn’t a turkey. I am pleased to report, he found out as have other clients that my commitment to family, staff, friends, and customers is to shoot straight, keep my word, and do my best.
OK. OK. I’ll share my secret for a super juicy Turkey.
- Rub turkey w oil of choice. (No, not a deep tissue massage)
- Sprinkle 2 envelopes of dry Italian dressing inside and outside bird. (Do this in the sink unless you have big biceps or your dog won’t jump on it when you drop the now slippery bird)
- Put bird on its breast side down on baking pan in plastic baking bag. (yes, this means you won’t be able to see that little red pop-out plastic thermometer thingy. you still know how to read a clock, right?)
- Pour 1/2 c vinegar of choice inside bird. (if you forgot to put turkey in bag before this step, your cat may help you clean up)
- Put chopped vegetables or stuffing in bird if desired.
- Follow bag instructions. (like tbsp Flour. Holes. Bake time) (guys, you did keep the instructions, right?)
It will cook faster than traditional cooking.
Drippings minus fat make great gravy n soup. (if you hate it, remember the dog & cat like Thanksgiving, too. Plus, you only paid $7 for the darn turkey at Smiths w purchase of $35 in groceries and a 6-pack of Coke products) 🙂
Happy Thanksgiving!!! I’m thankful for my family & my new daughter-in-law! & my company staff…& my talents…& my warm house…& my church calling…& great movies…Share