PilmerPR has supported our local universities (BYU, UVU, & UofU) by hiring dozens of interns over the years. We are so pleased to have helped launch many successful careers by teaching world-class public relations discipline and best practices.
Here are a couple of tips for new college PR students that you may not hear from the professor:
1) Think like an entrepreneur: How to leverage public relations to drive traffic to the sales funnel
2) Think ROI. Measure everything & be accountable
3) Learn quickly how to pitch media & you increase your paycheck. They don’t teach this well in college.
4) Get an internship fast; work for free if you must to build the resume
5) Find new ways to make Social Media drive measurable online brand management & referrals. We have discovered such technology & it opens doors for us because companies are scrambling to monetize social media and make it more than and “energy leak” for their organization.
What do you think?Share