The UVEF funding panel discussion was attended by around 65 eager entrepreneur types who lingered well after the event to connect. Led by Brock Blake, CEO of FundingUniverse, this was a perfect group of experts for our audience at various stages of development.
• Robb Kunz, (BoomStartup, Olympus Angels, VentureBlue Capital)
• Steve Grizzell (InnoVentures Capital)
• Steve Price (Utah Deputy Director for the SBA)
• Tony Horsley, Peterson Partners
• Warren Osborne, Stoneway Capital, Utah Angels
Serving funding needs from $50k up into the tens of $millions, there were diverse viewpoints on what works and when in the world of funding startup companies. However, on one question they all agreed.
Mark Stoddard, educator and cleantech entrepreneur asked: “Please give us your views on the most important trait of success exhibited by new companies?”
Answer: the management team
Robb Kunz – “chemistry among management team”
Steve Grizzell – “relevant skills among management”
Steve Price – “people”
Tony Horsley – “back the right people”
Warren Osborne – “focus on the jockey”