As president and founder of the Utah PR firm PilmerPR, John Pilmer, APR serves as a PR and marketing communications advisor for both emerging and established companies. He offers customers more than 20 years of results-driven business PR and marketing experience. John and the firm have provided PR consultation and campaigns for clients such as Mozy, Novell, AdvancedMD, Certiport, NextPage, ElectraTherm, Altiris, Avamar, EmergeCore Networks, FSLogic, INVISUS, 10x Marketing, MWI, Project Insight, REIC, Seastone, US Synthetic and Funding Universe (now Lendio), among others.
John is Accredited in Public Relations (APR), a mark of distinction for PR professionals who are selected based on broad knowledge, strategic perspective, and sound professional judgment. He and his PR firm, PilmerPR, have demonstrated strategic, targeted PR expertise as close to home as California and as far away as Singapore.
- MBA, University of Utah
- BS, Business Management/Marketing, Brigham Young University
- Accredited in Public Relations(APR): Universal Accreditation Board & Public Relations Society of America
- Founder, CEO & President: PilmerPR LLC
- North Pacific District Board of Directors: Public Relations Society of America (PRSA)
- 2010 Chairman: Utah Valley Entrepreneurial Forum
- Business Incubator Board: CEDO (Orem, Utah)
- Adjunct Professor: Utah Valley University, 1 year
- Adjunct Professor: Brigham Young University, 1 year
- Communications & Public Relations Manager: Certiport
- U.S. Public Relations Manager: Novell
- Director of Services Marketing: Entre BTC
Recognition & Awards
- PR News Corporate Social Responsibility Award
- PRSA Golden Spike Award (Four years running)
- Communicator Awards/Gold Award of Excellence
- Bulldog Reporter Award
- Chamber of Commerce/Arthur Watkins Award
- Writing, editing, public speaking (has delivered 2000+ public addresses)
- Spokesperson training
- Media Relations
- Ability to function effectively in domestic and international markets.
- PR leadership in both start-up and well-established organizations
- Proven teaching ability
- Media placement (print, broadcast, online, social media)
- Community leadership
- Ability to lead a team from strategy to high-quality results
- Entrepreneurial Roundtable, Utah Governor Office of Economic Development
- President, UV Chapter – Public Relations Society of America
- Marketing Committee, Boy Scouts of America
- Chairman, Utah Valley Entrepreneurial Forum (UVEF)
- Board Member, Orem Business Incubator (CEDO)
- Volunteer Representative & various leadership positions for ecclesiastical unit
- Author of Green Spin, a thriller novel available on iTunes and Amazon
- Launched 4 startups into the Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Companies in America
- Launched client ElectraTherm from “zero to hero,” ultimately being granted a tour by President Obama
- Supervised clean-tech company campaign, delivering 28-to-1 ROI – $1.5 million ad value; Recognized by Popular Science & Wall Street Journal for top clean technology.
- Led team of 25 in global press event, producing 450 press interviews in 3 days & 300 media stories in 30 days.
When John is not running his award-winning, Utah-based PR firm, he enjoys hiking, cinema, music performance, and theater. He and his wife recently celebrated their 28th wedding anniversary and they are the proud parents of three awesome children.